Monday 4 January 2010

Fallout Lunchbox --> Problem Solved

Bloody hell. I've done some stupid stuff whilst gaming but this might actually take the cake - having used that phrase I can only wish this was Portal-related. During my final days of Fallout 3 I spent a shameful 12 hours straight on one particular day, turning me from a springy, caffeinated kid into a slumberous mess slumped on my chair, eyes half open, mumbling into my headset about how Colin Moriarty was a bastard, completely to the bemusement of everyone in the Xbox Live Party. Having got off the damn box in an attempt to preserve some of my humanity, I felt awful. I can hardly describe the feeling of a completely wasted day in my Christmas holidays, spent only on the thing I'd already spent 280 hours on. 

I looked for things to make me feel better. Caffeine worked for a bit but tended to only make me feel like a mess on caffeine. Comfort eating didn't help much either because then I only felt like a mess getting fatter. What happened after is now kinda a blur but the next thing I knew, I had got onto eBay and bought a Fallout 3 lunchbox.













Even before it arrived, I felt instantly better. I felt a new light and purpose in my life, all the mysteries came clear and I was at one with the Earth. Then I played some Brutal Legend and it was lost. Still, it was good at the time.

Pretty shameful, I guess, that I didn't already have one to be honest. This thing is fantastic, and seeing as I've been so addicted to the cursed game I should have bought the full collector's edition by now. When I've raised enough funds I might get a poster and the Bobblehead, though the latter is horribly overpriced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment