Sunday 31 January 2010

Capture card story continued... SEMI-SUCCESS!

So last Friday my splitters arrived, so I was set to get going on my capturing. However I had some gaming associates around and I didn't want to be a terrible host so held fire so to speak for a while. 

Last night we had some spare time so I went to test it. I tested with my PS2 because taking my Xbox down would be a hassle and I was only ready to put some physical effort in when I knew it would work.

After set up, and playing some Mercenaries 1 (best game on PS2... damn right) I actually got some results on-screen, looking like this after setting it to PAL.










I'm pretty sure that's how it's meant to be. The only problem I'm having is that having done 'Start Capture', played, and then clicking 'Stop Capture', the file is not saved. Anywhere. It's definitely capturing after clicking 'Start Capture', it can be seen playing and timing how long it has captured, but when stopped it literally vanishes. Naturally I'm dreadful with software but even my friends couldn't figure it out (one of them being a lot better than me at this kind of thing).

So now we wait for someone to figure this out I guess. I'll keep my eye on Youtube videos for capturing tutorials and such.

In related news, I have a contact who is willing to donate a wireless adapter for free, so Live play is secured. I know he's a loyal reader of this so thanks bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment