Thursday 28 January 2010

The Best Late Christmas Present Ever









While I was aware that DICE would be releasing a multiplayer demo of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC recently, I was also pretty irritated that there would be nothing for us Xbox gamers. After all, I'd be undoubtedly playing it on PC in the first place if I had a decent setup, but I don't and so I'm now anticipating the Xbox 360 version, to be released this March. 

However, in a hilariously cheeky twist, the beautiful human beings at DICE decided to whip out an Xbox demo on the same day by surprise. Isn't this what the games industry should be doing all the time? Treating the consumers to a nice surprise every now and then? Games are for fun, after all.

As for the demo itself, it's indescribably good gameplay-wise. Naturally the selection (or lack of) of just one map tends to get a little tedious but I can't blame them for not wanting to give too much away. Everything that was good about BC1 makes a return apart from having enough grenades to turn a tank into mashed potato, which I have to say is fair. Improvements are simply everywhere, things like being able to choose which squad member to spawn on, every class having a pistol sidearm and some really stand-out vehicles are just a few new features that Bad Company veterans will be able to appreciate. 

All I can say is, try it, whoever you are. You might find CoD to be a good multiplayer experience, but here, you're seeing it coming straight from the masters.

No comments:

Post a Comment