Monday 4 January 2010

Modern Waffle 2, getting behind on reviews etc. 4/1/2010

I've been away for a few days over the new year period so theoretically I could use that as an excuse for a shameful lack of reviews of late, but I did actually bring my laptop and promised I would 'do sum bloggin' while I was there so I have failed. Brutal Legend, Half Life 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2 really need to be done soon before I forget and have to do a billion other games, and then the mighty Modern Waffle 2 review. 

Was playing that dastardly game yesterday, and genuinely came within an inch of falling asleep whilst playing the campaign. It's a fine mixture of stupid, boring, and stupid. 'You thought CoD4 was over... It's not... For no good reason it's going to CONTINUE' is the general storyline and it tends to repeat its predecessor in every way, now in a couple of new environments. Stealth missions in snowy locations are done quite well, but things like Brazil offer immensely boring layouts to missions, spiced up with a pretentious attempt at being profoundly dark with things like the airport scene (which, for the record, is actually really boring). I have to commend the genuinely good soundtrack however; they finally decided to hire a decent composer for once, the awesomeness of Hanz Zimmer, instead of just having one noise in the menu as the soundtrack as was used in CoD4 and CoD WaW. 

I still want Uncharted 2. 


Reviews: http://failboatskippersgamereviews.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment