Tuesday 29 December 2009

Back, with thunderous/non-existent applause











Here, internet, have a Christmas present from me. A picture of myself in the Centre of Operations in the 70 year old chair pulling a weird expression whilst being almost physically blown away by Half-Life 2. Which I should have played years ago.

So IGN, MY LIFEBLOOD, decided to take a Christmas break, so I did too from all forms of bloggin', and even if I did want to write any material I was seeing relatives and other stuff so couldn't. During the festive season of love and giving I was using the Gravity Gun to slice zombies in half with buzzsaw blades in Half Life 2 and getting back into Bad Company (with a vengeance I must say), having given back Brutal Legend as a result of it being unbearably bad. I do have a rental copy of Modern Warfare 2 on the way, which I'm dreading cos I know it'll be as bad as CoD4, but feel the need to play and review it so as to have an unbiased opinion on the bastard of a game.

In relatively unexciting news, I have played demos for Army of Two Two/Tutu (or for all you boring people, Army of Two: the 40th Day) and it's not looking two (get it?) bad at all. Brilliantly based on co-op to the point where you are really experiencing half the game's potential by playing it alone - like Left 4 Dead - as it should be, and absolutely brilliant weapon customisation. The first Army of Two was... pretty good but this one looks like it's heading for a strong 8/10 kinda game. In an even more optimistic look for one of 2010's games, I played the Dante's Inferno demo too and it's a lot of fun. Considering this didn't even include any bosses (apart from Death, which is pretty brief) and wasn't even in hell, it was awesome. This game has a lot of potential and definitely one to look out for in the new year. Put it this way, I hate the genre, love what I've played.

I hope you enjoyed the celebration of Jesus' birth, the event which caused Fred Phelps, the Crusades and Jehovah's Witnesses tracking mud on the carpet of your hallways. I did spend an early morning church service constantly shoving awake a drunk and jetlagged sister every ten seconds...

No comments:

Post a Comment