Monday 31 May 2010

Emerging from my little Western cave

I can't deny it, I've barely left my Xbox for the last two days. Why? Well, in short, my Red Dead Redemption arrived.

I was one of those people who, while agreeing that GTA IV was a monumental technical achievement in having what is probably the best realised sandbox environment ever, didn't actually find the game all that fun. The things available to do were great, but in the end, once the story was done, I struggled to find anything enjoyable to actually do.

Not so with Red Dead. This world manages to bustle with things to do, yet also manages to have the open, arid plains of the wild west. A favourite of these for me is definitely hunting. So much so that yesterday I saw a deer in a forest (in real life) and genuinely felt an urge to activate Dead Eye targeting and shoot it in the head, mid-leap. Pretty much the Tetris Effect.

Will have a full review of this up on the reviews blog soon, but for now I just urge you to buy it. Don't bother waiting for a price-drop, this is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment