Tuesday 4 May 2010

New Vegas news, Halo Reach beta, Bulletstorm looking awesome...

Well it's been quite the information flood recently. I guess it just seems that way because I've barely been paying attention to news of late, or blogging. I am a horrendous person.

However, hate me as you might, if you're looking forward to New Vegas in the least then you should get on the 'netz RIGHT NOW because Obsidian finally deemed it a good time to release some snippets of info about the upcoming successor - rightly or not - to Fallout 3. Companion commands? Upgradable weapons? And not changing the engine? Count me in sir!

Unfortunately, because I was wise enough not to buy the disappointment fest known as Halo 3:ODST, it appears Bungie have hit back because now that means I can't play the Halo Reach beta that came out last night. However, as if to give me one morsel of smugness, the beta almost completely crashed and died in a hole last night as thousands more than Bungie expected stormed online to get another hit of Halo into their veins. While I respect Bungie for almost always keeping things under control and understanding the community (even if I do despise their arrogant developers) this seems a bit of a schoolboy error of EA magnitude. How many you think would play it, Bungie, ten?

And for something I previously didn't care much for, Bulletstorm is actually looking damn good. I didn't play Black but from what I heard it was a defining FPS of the PS2 era, and this looks to be a good follow-up, even if it's not official. As well as having Killzone 2-quality graphics, the general style of the game looks great. How can you look at this and not think 'awesome'?














Wanna get a bit more in-depth to New Vegas than my pitiful dogmatic fanboyism? Take this link and leave me in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment