Wednesday 24 March 2010

Gracious return with very little to say.

I've been lazy with blogging before, but taking two weeks off with no decent reason is tall order. My apologies. It's made worse that while I could be playing games I should be reviewing (Mass Effect, Dante's Inferno and SDvR2008) I've been playing nothing but Bad Company 2 and Mirror's Edge.

I won't go on another useless rant about how amazing Bad Company 2 is, because I've talked about it far too much already. So I'll talk about other things.

While I wasn't impressed... at all about the Just Cause 2 demo, reviews are actually very positive (which I believe were released today) and say that the shooting mechanic isn't as bad as it seemed. I do, however, find it hard to believe that 'the physics are good' when shooting someone sends them flying into the air. It just seems to stupid, even though it's going for 'over the top'. That's just what the last one was trying to do, I say no more.

Mirror's Edge is very bloody good. I'm annoyed I haven't played it before, and to be honest I think it's very harshly criticised, when usually the only thing that's really said about it is that 'it's short'. Yeah, it's not long, but that's no reason to ignore the stunning visuals, incredible smoothness and probably the best first-person view there has ever been in a video game.

Next rental once I've reluctantly sent back Mirror's Edge will be AvP and then probably Just Cause 2 (I need closure!). I am also currently selling Mercenaries 2, Frontlines: Fuel of War and a couple of DVDs to save money for a newer, better capture card. The plan is to make a new youtube channel for our gaming 'family' - NOT clan, it's not serious - called LeagueOfMB, as we are starting to call ourselves the League of Magnificent Bastards. I'd also like to introduce Will Holden, our newest friend. Barman, avid BC2 player and hilarious personality, just as awesome as cokeyedcaptin. Very glad I met him.

Anyhoo, I'll get going on an actual article as soon as possible. Happy gaming y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment