Sunday 7 March 2010

'EA... you are RUBBISH'












I've said it before, I'll say it again. Bad Company 2 is the best multiplayer game of this generation, and I can virtually not pull myself off it. Hours upon hours of this absolute gold.

However, many more hours would be able to be put in if there was actually a decent company in control of the servers. EA have been absolutely atrocious. Today (Sunday 7th March) the servers have been fully down twice, and I have encountered other problems. 

At about 7pm, Mikey, Carbomb and me joined a game. Suddenly, BAM, we were not only chucked out of the game, but put back to the dashboard. Confused and irritated, we tried again. We had selected to go on Rush on the Bolivian map (I can't spell the actual name...), but instead EA thought it'd be really funny to put us on Squad Deathmatch on Arica Harbor. Trying AGAIN, we were put in the right match... but all our guns and unlocks were missing. The servers then went completely down.

Later on, they came back... with horrible lag making it unplayable. This sorted itself out after a few match retries but as much as I accept that this is early days, it's a pretty terrible performance from EA. 

On a much happier note, earlier today around 2pm I played what can only be described as the most fun multiplayer match I have ever played. Mikey, Carbomb and a new guy we met called Will Holden (an absolute piloting pro) had a devastating round in a Black Hawk helicopter on Isla Innocentes. I died about twice in the entire game and racked up 20 or so minigun kills. Having a whole squad of four with intense team talk is an unbeatable experience, especially in a vehicle so designed for squads. By the time of writing, about 8 hours of play have been stacked up today, if not more. 7th March will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment