Tuesday 16 February 2010

Bit of Fallout New Vegas news









I know I posted about 30 mins ago but I thought I'd do this separately. It's my blog, back off.

Yeah so Obsidian finally thought it'd be a good idea to say a little bit more than just a teaser trailer seeing as there's less than a year till New Vegas' release (still far too slow, especially for us impatient Fallout devotees). I read some stuff on IGN but I have to say the video from OXM on the Xbox Live dashboard at the moment is VERY informative and I suggest you check it out before it disappears.

Basically, it turns out that the glowy-eyed cloaked Californian dude (from Vault 7?) in the trailer is not you, and is probably an enemy. You are in fact the body buried in the ground being dug up by a robot, and apparently instead of starting your story coming out of a vault you have to find out what happened to you following a botched delivery mission. You were shot and left in the sand. That's as much as anyone knows for storyline.

They've also said that there will be a hardcore mode for people like me (yay) in which it becomes a real wasteland experience, complete with the ability to die of starvation or thirst. I pretty much want to die from it.

In terms of relations to Fallout 3, it's said to be not vastly different - thank shit - and will add some things like weapon modification, and speech is apparently a vastly useful tool. The area will be similar in that there is some city and a lot of wasteland. Just as it should be. Obsidian seem to be on track.

Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment